Scorecard Research Beacon
Search Icon
Culture January 29, 2026

Family of 'Blind Side' actor Quinton Aaron reveals he had a spinal stroke, shares update

WATCH: ‘The Blind Side’ star is reportedly hospitalized

The family of "Blind Side" actor Quinton Aaron is sharing an update about his condition after he suffered a spinal stroke.

In a statement shared with ABC News, his family thanked everyone for the support and said that he is on the mend.

"We acknowledge that you’ve heard about Quinton Aaron‘s condition," his family began in their statement. "We appreciate the overwhelming love, support and prayers that Quinton has received over the past few days from his fans, the public, and our concerned community."

They went on, "To update everyone, he had a spinal stroke. He is alert, aware and recovering. The Aaron family has a lot to deal with for the betterment of their loved one, but will be sure to keep everyone posted regarding Quinton‘s health as we see fit."

His family then provided clarity about information surrounding Aaron's condition and said, "To be clear, any other information that you hear pertaining to Quinton’s health from any other source that isn’t coming directly from his official blood relative family (that will come in the form of their appointed chosen spokesperson and life long friend Liana Mendoza) is not to be taken as factual information."

"We kindly ask the public to please respect the decisions we make and to please understand that false information or statements may be made by others who continue to come forward but are not fully informed or aware of all of the facts surrounding his condition nor are they authorized to do so!" they continued.

His family added, "If there continues to be indications of, or individuals who speak about his condition without consent, which violates HIPAA laws, we strongly urge you not to, because there will be legal repercussions."

Earlier this week, Aaron's former manager said the actor was hospitalized and fighting for his life but showing "positive" signs.

Martin Luther Wardlaw, Aaron's former manager and president of Ascension Studios, who was in communication with Aaron's wife, told ABC News on Monday that Aaron was on life support with a blood infection.

"I can tell you that things are looking more positive today than they were yesterday," Wardlaw said at the time.

He added, "Some things are under control and other things are not, and we're just praying and hoping for the best right now."

TMZ first reported the news of Aaron's hospitalization, which the outlet said came after the actor lost feeling in his legs while walking up stairs at his home.

Aaron received global recognition for his role as Michael Oher in "The Blind Side," in which he starred alongside Sandra Bullock, who won an Oscar for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy, in the 2009 film that received widespread acclaim.

The actor has been open about his health in recent years, sharing photos in October of his 200-pound weight loss journey.

"He was real concerned about staying fit, staying healthy, staying in front of the camera," Wardlaw said. "I was very proud to see, you know, that he stuck with it, changing diets and doing what it took to lose weight. And I think he'd done an amazing thing."

ABC News' Angeline Jane Bernabe contributed to this report.